Ask anyone and they will say Facebook is hard work! It’s been around so long weve had such an easy ride with it in the past that now it’s more a case of pay to play if you want to get seen.
I would highly recommend setting aside an advertising budget when it comes to Facebook for business, but there are things you can do to increase your chances of being seen… So Let’s get started.
1. Video Video Video! Not only did it kill the radio star – You won’t get this if you were born after 1982 but video is taking over Facebook. We’ve known this for awhile, video is king when it comes to Facebook but it’s looking even more so with video production being one of the most in demand skills according to a recent Linkedin survey for 2019.
Video posts also get a whopping 59% more engagement than any other type of posts. – Yes, think on that.
2. Caption Length – Apparently Facebook likes a quick fix and we all have ridiculous attention spans! The shorter the caption length the better off you are! Not great news for warblers like me.
3. Speaking of length – The optimal length for a Facebook video is between 3 and 5 minutes! Although I have heard that from as little as 20 seconds even works well on Facebook, so for those of us who hate going in front of the camera it’s great news!!
4. Think about times your posting or scheduling for posts to go out. – I worked with someone recently who had scheduled her posts to go out for some reason at 2am – great if your customer base is American, not so great if you’re a local business and you rely on footfall.
According to a recent study Saturday’s & Sunday’s are the best times to post on Facebook if you’re a business and probably the time a lot of us forget about. Having said that, if you look at your Facebook Insights and see that Monday mornings are awesome for you, please continue. What works for some may not work for others.
5. Test test Test! – As mentioned in point 4 what works for some may not work for others, look at your Insights on a weekly basis and see what types of content work for you and your business page, what are people engaging with and not so keen on, what times are the best times for you to post and is video working for you?
Because as much as I can tell you my tips from within the industry – social media is all about measuring and adjusting your content to fit it’s purpose and audience, so keep measuring and adjusting and let me know what works for you…